Colorado Midwives Cooperative
Our organization is dedicated to professionally supporting midwives in all birth settings, with an emphasis on home and birth center births. Our passion is to provide all midwives of Colorado with true, unwavering community support. We recognize that each midwife is unique and brings her own education and background to the Colorado community, and we believe this is what gives our cooperative strength.
Whether you provide care in community birth settings or in the hospital, it is our desire to have strong, cohesive, working relationships to better our midwifery community as a whole and grow together.
Our Cooperative Philosophy
We believe that through respectful collaboration and integrity that all midwives can work together for the betterment of the Colorado midwifery community. We intend to build a strong community of midwives founded on support, accountability, and constructive feedback. It is our goal to have many voices come together who share the same core values and vision.
Please consider joining today!
Our Core Values
Communication & Relationships
Informed Decision Making
Colorado Midwives Cooperative is dedicated to professionally supporting midwives in all birth settings to offer safe, comfortable, and empowering birth experiences to birthing families. Our passion is to provide midwives in Colorado with true, unwavering community support. We recognize that each midwife is unique and brings her own education and background to the Colorado community, and we believe this can be a great strength. Whether you provide care in community settings or in the hospital, it is our desire to have a strong, cohesive working relationship to better our midwifery community as a whole and grow together.
Our community goals are:
- Provide professional support to all midwives, including CPM, CNM, and CM’s.
- Provide a forum for our midwifery community to ask profession related questions, professionally collaborate across training and birth setting differences, and create solutions for the birth community.
- Work towards bettering midwifery regulations in Colorado through collaborative legislative work.
- Represent the combined voice of collaborating CPM’s, CNM’s and CM’s desiring to have a new, single board of midwifery to legally self regulate community midwives.
- Coordinate training and continuing education for community midwives and midwifery students.
- Provide a peer support structure for practicing midwives and student midwives.
- Collaborate on educating the public on their community birth options.
- Build trust between midwives across settings by facilitating opportunities for community midwives to collaborate with and learn from hospital setting midwives, and hospital setting midwives to collaborate with and learn from community setting midwives. We can share the best of both worlds with each other!
- Interact and collaborate with other neighboring organizations to improve the Colorado midwifery community.
Our Board Members
Don´t miss a thing
Be in the know about upcoming Colorado Midwives Cooperative events, happenings, and news by signing up for our email list!